- Information we collect about you
- We may collect information that can identify you such as your name and email address ("personal information") and other information that does not identify you. We may collect this information through a website or a mobile application. By using the Service, you are authorizing us to gather, parse and retain data related to the provision of the Service.
- Information you provide. In order to register as a user with OurPlan, you will be asked to sign in using your Facebook login. If you do so, you authorize us to access certain Facebook account information, such as your public Facebook profile (consistent with your privacy settings in Facebook), your email address, interests, likes, gender, birthday, education history, relationship interests, current city, photos, personal description, friend list, and information about and photos of your Facebook friends who might be common Facebook friends with other OurPlan users. You will also be asked to allow OurPlan to collect your location information from your device and access to your photo library when you download or use the Service. In addition, we may collect and store any personal information you provide while using our Service or in some other manner. This may include identifying information, such as your name, address, email address and telephone number, and, if you transact business with us, financial information. You may also provide us photos, a personal description and information about your gender and preferences for recommendations, such as search distance, age range and gender. If you chat with other OurPlan users, you provide us the content of your chats, and if you contact us with a customer service or other inquiry, you provide us with the content of that communication.
- Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser or device when you visit our Service. This information could include your IP address, device ID and type, your browser type and language, the operating system used by your device, access times, your mobile device’s geographic location while our application is actively running, and the referring website address.
- Cookies and Use of Cookie Data. When you visit our Service, we may assign your device one or more cookies to facilitate access to our Service and to personalize your experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your activity on our Service, such as the pages you visit, the time and date of your visits and the links you click. If we advertise, we (or third parties) may use certain data collected on our Service to show you OurPlan advertisements on other sites or applications.
- Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our Service and to deliver or communicate with cookies. We also may include web beacons in advertisements or email messages to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer users, to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
- Information collected by third-parties for advertising purposes. We may allow service providers, advertising companies and ad networks, and other third parties to display advertisements on our Service. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies or web beacons, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. Some of these third- party advertising companies may be advertising networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies (www.networkadvertising.org). Opting out will not decrease the number of advertisements you see.
- We may use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver and improve our products and services, and manage our business;
- manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our or others’ products, services, or content;
- communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or other third parties;
- develop, display, and track content and advertising tailored to your interests on our Service and other sites, including providing our advertisements to you when you visit other sites;
- website or mobile application analytics;
- verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
- enforce or exercise any rights in our Terms and Conditions; and
- perform functions or services as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
In all circumstances, we may perform these functions directly or use a third party vendor to perform these functions on our behalf who will be obligated to use your personal information only to perform services for us. Also, if you access our Service from a third party social platform, such as Facebook, we may share non-personal information with that platform to the extent permitted by your agreement with it and its privacy settings.
- With whom we share your information
- Information Shared with Other Users. When you register as a user of OurPlan, your OurPlan profile will be viewable by other users of the Service. Other users may be able to view information you have provided to us directly or through Facebook, such as your Facebook photos, any additional photos you upload, your first name, your age, approximate number of miles away, your personal description, and information you have in common with the person viewing your profile, such as common Facebook friends and likes. When responding to a posted activity or posting an activity, you will have the option to swipe right to say “yes” to a person/activity or swipe left to say “no”. You will be able to chat with that person if they swipe right to you after you responded to an activity they posted or you swipe right to them after an activity they posted and they would like to include you on that activity. If you chat with the person that you matched with, your match will see the content of your chat.
- Service providers: We may share information, including personal and financial information, with third parties that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, ad tracking and analytics, member screenings, supporting our Service functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our Service. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Other Situations. We may disclose your information, including personal information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Your choices about collection and use of your information
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our Service because such information may be required in order for you to register as user; purchase products or services; participate in a contest, promotion, survey, or sweepstakes; ask a question; or initiate other transactions.
- Our Service may also deliver notifications to your phone or mobile device. You can disable these notifications by deleting the relevant Service or by changing the settings on your mobile device.
- You can also control information collected by cookies. You can delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings. Click “help” in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions.
- How we protect your personal information
We take security measures to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, chats, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission's website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
- Information you provide about yourself while using our Service
We provide areas on our Service where you can post information about yourself and others and communicate with others. Such postings are governed by our Terms and Conditions . Also, whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information on publicly-viewable pages, that information will be publicly available and can be collected and used by others. For example, if you post your email address, you may receive unsolicited messages. We cannot control who reads your posting or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so we encourage you to exercise discretion and caution with respect to your personal information.
- Children's privacy
Although our Service is a general audience Service, we restrict the use of our service to individuals age 13 and above. We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information from children under the age of 13.
- Visiting our Service from outside the United States
- No Rights of Third Parties
- How to contact us
The safety of our users is very important to us. There are steps that everyone can follow to help ensure their safety while using OurPlan.
Keep your financial information private
Ignore any request to send money – even if the person claims to be in an emergency – and report it to us immediately. Never give out financial information such as your social security number, credit card number or bank information.
Keep your personal information
You are in control of your OurPlan experience at all times – remain anonymous until you feel ready. Be careful about sharing personal information, such as your full name, phone number, email and address. Protect your identity until you are comfortable enough with someone to share it. Also, leave any personal contact information out of your OurPlan profile.
Note: OurPlan will never send you an email asking for your username and password information. Any such communication should be reported immediately.
There are red flags to watch out for that may indicate you're dealing with a scammer. Be aware of anyone who:
Sends you messages containing links to third-party websites
Quickly asks to talk or chat on a platform outside of OurPlan
Asks you for money
Vanishes mysteriously then reappears under a different name
Asks for your address stating they would like to send gifts to you
Additional advice can be found on the U.S. Federal Trade Commission's website located at http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/.
Report suspicious users to Reportabuse@ourplanapp.com.
Please report anyone who violates our Terms and Conditions. We will review the reported abuse within 24 hours. Examples of terms violations include:
Asking you for money or donations
Anyone that looks like they could be under the age of 13
Users sending harassing or offensive messages
Users behaving inappropriately after meeting in person
Spam or solicitation, such as attempts to sell products or services
Meeting In Person
First meetings are exciting, but please always take precautions and follow these safety tips to help you stay safe:
Get to know the other person before meeting them offline. Get to know someone through chat before disclosing personal information or meeting in person. We don't conduct criminal background checks on our users, so it’s up to you to do your own research and remain cautious.
Always meet in public. Meet for the first time in a populated, public place – never in a private or remote location, and never at your home or apartment.
Inform a friend or family member of your plans. Tell them who you are meeting, where you are going and when you will return. Bring your phone with you.
Drive yourself to and from the first meeting. Be in control of your own ride – even if you take a taxi. Securing your own ride is important. Even if the person you're meeting volunteers to pick you up, do not get into a vehicle with someone you don’t know and trust, especially if it’s the first meeting.
Following these guidelines will help keep your use of OurPlan safe and enjoyable.